Hair

Hair Care

Both your hair and nails are dead hardened skin forms that can be compared to the surface layer of your skin. Each hair grows from a follicle, which is a dividing cell that occurs in your skin. They naturally lose about 50 to 150 hairs each day, but the follicle remains. When they shed more hair than they can regrow, the result is baldness. Diseases that affect the hair are generally more of a...

Melanin Content in the Hair: an Early Prediction of Melanoma Risk

Melanin Content in the Hair: an Early Prediction of Melanoma Risk Overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun and artificial UV radiation sources is of considerable public health concern. It plays a major role in the development of skin cancer and eye damage. There is increasing evidence that it suppresses the immune system, which could lead to a reduction in the efficacy of immunization programmes and increase the spread of infectious diseases....

Surgical Treatment for Baldness /Hair Loss / Alopecia

Surgical Treatment for Baldness /Hair Loss / Alopecia Baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from your scalp and can be the result of heredity, certain medications or an underlying medical condition. Anyone — men, women and children — can experience hair loss or alopecia. About 90 percent of the hair on most people's scalps is in a two- to six-year growth (anagen) stage at any given time. The other 10 percent is in a two- to three-month...