AdvertisementIt was recognized that medical professionals and the health care system are in an ideal position to help patients with CVDs. They play a crucial role in linking pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods for secondary prevention. It is now clearly evident that lifestyle changes such as smoking cessation; healthy dietary practices, weight control and regular moderate physical activity can... Calcium is a mineral that the body needs for numerous functions, including building and maintaining bones and teeth, blood clotting, the transmission of nerve impulses, and the regulation of the heart's rhythm. 99% of the calcium in the human body is stored in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1 percent is found in the blood and other tissues. In the U.S., between about 50% and 75% of adults do... Malaria is caused by a parasite that is transmitted from one human to another by the bite of infected Anopheles mosquitoes. In humans, the parasites (called sporozoites) migrate to the liver where they mature and release another form, the merozoites. These enter the bloodstream and infect the red blood cells. The parasites multiply inside the red blood cells, which then rupture within 48 to 72... Rheumatoid arthritis can occur at any age. It usually occurs in people between 25 and 55. Women are affected more often than men.It is a chronic (long-term) disease that causes inflammation of the joints and surrounding tissues. It can also affect other organs.It is considered autoimmune disease. RA usually affects joints on both sides of the body equally. Wrists, fingers, knees, feet, and ankles... When combined with an immune-boosting substance called an adjuvant, low doses of an experimental vaccine against a strain of avian influenza (H9N2) provoked a strong antibody response in human volunteers, report scientists supported by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health. The clinical trial of 96 adults was conducted at the... Different individuals given the same drug show a wide range of response ranging from no detectable change to grossly excessive reactions of various kinds .These variations are due to age, sex , body weight , surface area ,nutrition ,alcoholic ,cigarette smoking ,pregnancy ,genetic factor ,environment and pathological condition. Age: The kinetics of drugs are changed with age.Neonates ,infants ,... The field of anti aging medicine is a growing specialty spurred on by ever increasing demand for ways to stay young. The incredible advances of modern medicine over the last century make it plausible that, at some time in the not too distant future, we will be able to halt or even reverse the aging process. For now, we are making progress in baby steps. Antiaging medication includes a broad... There are many different kinds of staph infections, and even MRSA encompasses a wide number of bacteria. Some are resistant to many antibiotics while others are resistant to only a few.Staph aureus can live harmlessly in the nose and throat of up to 1 of every 4 people. It can cause infection when it gets into skin through small cuts or scrapes, or through skin which may be affected by conditions... The quality of life issues, including those related to health, will most probably become one of the central problems of sustainable development in the 21st century. These issues are of paramount importance for both healthy populations and, especially, people affected by chronic disorders," commented Dr Yasuhiro Suzuki, an executive director at WHO in Geneva. Parkinson's disease is one of the most... Never give your medicine to anyone else. It has been prescribed for your personal medical problem or condition and may be harmful to another person.Many medicines should not be taken with other medicines or with alcoholic beverages.If you think you have taken an overdose of any medicine or if a child has taken a medicine by accident: Call your poison control center or your health care... Every 45 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke. A stroke can happen when: A blood vessel carrying blood to the brain is blocked by a blood clot. This is called an ischemic stroke . A blood vessel breaks open, causing blood to leak into the brain. This is a hemmorhagic stroke . If blood flow is stopped for longer than a few seconds, the brain cannot get blood and oxygen. Brain...