logo
Search icon Search Home Contact
All about Health News, Articles, Discussion
Home News Article Forum

#1 2006-08-31 07:00:07

Nsilence
Ranking

Early morning anxiety.

Why does this happen? In the morning I usually get waken up by anxiety. Its weird, Ill wake up and become restless and cant get back to sleep cause so many thoughts are going through my head. This happens every morning. Like I'm laying in bed and I'm a nervous wreck. My mind races while I'm laying in bed ad I feel like I'm gonna lose it. Why does this happen?

2006-08-31 07:00:07

AdBot
AdsPosting Bot

#2 2006-09-02 06:02:40

smith
RankingRanking

Re: Early morning anxiety.

many feel at their worst on waking, with fears and worries about the new day it can be just a bad habit, try to have a more positive outlook

#3 2006-09-20 17:23:46

Lodd
RankingRankingRanking

Yes, early morning anxeity is repeatedly incresing day by day whatever it might be worrysome experience in our competitive first growing daily life. Only  true knowledge can help you to remove the tensions and anxiety.Just few simple tips could make u smile. Read carefully under the following path ..at this website

http://www.ndri.com/article/early_morning__anxiety-79.html

Hope , you will get a right way from here & every sun rising in the early morning make u full of joy.

Last edited by Lodd (2006-09-20 17:25:37)

#4 2007-04-27 20:12:36

mjsc4me
Ranking

Please ignore the person who suggested that you "have a positive attitude."  Early morning anxiety/anxiety upon awakening is real and has nothing to do with a positive attitude.  Its distressing and disturbing.  The only thing that gets me going in the morning is the knowledge that as the day goes on this anxiety will lessen.  I don't know why it happens immediately upon awakening, but my psychiatrist tells me that it is very common and has NOTHING to do with one's attitude.

#5 2007-05-14 09:05:56

Crow
Ranking

I wake at 4:amish every morning with my mind racing and battleing negative crippling thoughts.  It's like I can't make it stop.  I also would have internal vibration in my chest like a panic attack.

My Dr. put me on .5 mgs of Xanax at bed time to help me sleep.  It helped for almost a year, but now my body is use to it and it has returned.  I tell myself that I ok and that I am safe and it helps..  But it feels chemical and uncontrolable and will last about an hour.

I hate it....

#6 2007-05-15 07:20:58

missf
Ranking

I have the same problem. Nightmares that occur all night. I was taking Ambien and had a bad expirence with that, feeling suicidal and such. I still wake up anxious and paniky, though. I have missed so much work over this. My panic attacks aren't as bad, well let me rephrase that, not as often,but every morning it's a battle because of the anxiety. I'm seeing a therapist ,on meds, even saw a guy about holistic treatments,cleansing chakras, that was really relaxing at the time, but I awoke today same old ,same old. but i agree with the person who said it wasn't your outlook.I don't think he knows what "this" is, I've had the stressful beginnings before this is definately different.

#7 2007-05-16 19:31:59

salli
Ranking

I have been going thru this for a few weeks and it is the most painful thing i have ever been thru. I wake in fear and it lasts several hours then gets a bit better.. sometimes it goes away but sometimes not.

#8 2007-06-30 23:29:49

alanholley
Ranking

I too have had the same problem for years. I talked to an educated person from Scotland and he said to go to a store like Wal-Mart or any store that sells vitamins and purchase SAM-e. He said Europeans used it for years but only recently the United States have studied it. I purchased some and it has made a total difference in how I feel. I have taken it for a few years now.  I just want you to know I am not pushing a product. I am only saying what it has done for me and in hopes of helping others with this problem of anxiety. Read about it online just google SAM-e and you make your own decisions.

#9 2007-09-20 21:53:15

maxine
Ranking

While I am distressed that so many people suffer from anxiety, etc., it is also somewhat comforting to read about others' experiences - to know that I'm not alone.  I have been dealing with Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) for many years.   I'm not sure how it even started, but it is with me on a daily basis. I used to have panic attacks, but luckily got over those. Sometimes its worse than others times...and it also depends on the circumstances.  During the work week is the worse.  I wake up most mornings with a pounding heartbeat, then I rush to take my anxiety medication and that does calm me down. I have found that hormones play a huge role as I get older.  Also, if I wake up during the night or very early in the morning and then go back to sleep, I tend to dream (sometimes really weird ones) and sometimes if I remember my dreams, they can have a negative effect on how I feel when I first wake up. Anxiety is a terrible thing to live with and in most cases, is hard to control. I have read tons of books, listened to self-help tapes - you name it, I've done it, yet I continue to experience GAD.  I do believe that circumstances play a huge part in how we are effected.  I know from many years of experience that if its the weekend and there are good things to look foward to, that helps.  If you love your job, that helps.  If you are at peace about things, that helps!  Praying also helps, BUT, if our circumstances are stressful, worrisome, and so on, the anxiety is escalated.  I do believe there are many things that we can do to help ourselves - exercising is one!  I finally started to exercise on a somewhat regular basis, and it feels so great! I'm a new member and this is my first posting......I could go on and on....thanks for listening!

Last edited by maxine (2007-09-20 22:08:37)

#10 2007-09-23 06:12:25

kateeighty
Ranking

Hi there, I have been suffering from agitated depression (with rolling panic attacks) for about 5 years. However, I only begun to manage the condition when I found a balance between exercise and eating well. I know its hard to drag yourself out of bed after a terribly long night but dont underestimate the benefits of just beginning to move.

#11 2007-12-22 01:44:09

confused
Ranking

Hi
some of the follow ups on here are a bit spread out time wise but heres mine
I wake up up with a bit of a burning stomach (not indigestion).  I get up go to toilet as you do when awake then go to bed again.  Mostly i go back to sleep but at about six i wake with a nervous feeling in my stomach.  It goes then i just start to driftoff again then it comes back.  After this a few times i get shivers/shakes and feel sick.   Its imposible to lie there .  Last night i had 10 ml of tamazepan and i am still up.
Its driving me nuts especially if you want a sleep in.  I suppose its good i get some rest at all i suppose but i do feel quite ill with it.  Have had lot of stress recenty probablly brought on by myself and feel tearfull and do get a bit of nervous stomach in day.  At moment have that gastro bug  and tiredness in day which is in the uk at moment.  Been shattered some days and confused/ cant think straight.  Its hard to know what is the bug or what is nerves. Could be my dreamstate at that time of the morning.  I am at the present having nothing really to worry about (but did have recently with health but was given all clear) and am trying to look forward to xmas.
Cheers.

#12 2008-02-12 04:40:24

Beatles
Ranking

Dear fellow anxiety sufferers. From my experience these are my top tips regarding anxiety:
1. Anxiety is your friend. Why? Because it is trying to tell you something. All animals get anxious when they are trapped. With us, we get anxious when we feel trapped in situations that we don't feel we can get out of. When I was engaged to the wrong person but wasn't accepting that this was the case, along came anxiety and made me ill so that I did some soul searching and came to the truth. I am now happily married to someone else. The trick is to ask yourself what it is in your life that you are not happy about - write it all down and think what you can do to start to address the list of stuff. Basically, I believe that anxiety is a wake up call from the subconscious alerting you to make changes in your life that will move you forward down the path that is your destiny. So anxiety has your best interests at heart!
2. Aerobic exercise. I bought a cycle machine. I find that 12 minutes vigorous pedalling in times of stress/anxiety will bring about marked relief for the rest of the day due to release of happy neurotransmitters.
3. Give some love. If you can give just a bit of love to someone, you will receive a feeling of calm in return - one of life truths.
4. You are not alone. People through the centuries and people right now have suffered from anxiety and moved forward. You will too!
5. Pray to your God to help you find your path in life.