logo
Search icon Search Home Contact
All about Health News, Articles, Discussion
Home News Article Forum

• Index
  •  » Depression
  •  » I'm a bit lost about what I have been diagnosed with. Help?

#1 2007-12-23 04:12:20

DaveDiggity
Ranking

I'm a bit lost about what I have been diagnosed with. Help?

Well, to introduce myself. My name is David, I just turned twenty two on December 9th. Went to Vegas and had a pretty good time. Anyways.

About a year ago, I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. Its a common disorder that is talked about on the news quite often, so you more than likely know what I am talking about. Well, lately I have been having some weird.. I really don't know how to explain it, but I will do my best.

I get shakes.. almost as if I am cold, like the shivers.. but the thing is, I am not cold. I do not have any goosebumps like you typically would if you were cold and shivered. In fact, I feel warm when this happens. Most warm than usual. In fact, just a second ago I just had another shake. I don't think this is a sign of an upcoming seizure. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I just feel like something is wrong with me, and I can't quite put my finger on it.. So I come to professionals in a time of need.

I've been having the depressive phase of my bipolar for over a month now. Hell, it could be five months or more for all I know. My dog that we had in our family passed away about three months ago. She was 14 in human years.. so that put me down a lot, and on top of that... not even two weeks later, my girlfriend broke up with me after being together for a year and a half. Not a long time I admit, but long enough for feelings to develop... but thats another story.

I guess what I'm trying to get at after typing all of this out, is that I have no clue to what exactly is going on with me. Maybe I'm not bipolar? How would he know? He just asked me questions, and made me take a written test. Then bam, I'm diagnosed bipolar.

I pull long hours at work, and I get very little sleep. Average 5 hours a day. Its hard pulling 14 hours a night five days a week, and only have 10 hours off duty before they call me back in. Seriously, its been hell. The stress alone from my job is enough to seriously make me rethink my actions at picking a job like this. I miss my social life, I miss my friends, I miss a lot of things. I don't know where I'm going.

I've been taking Risperdone, or Risperdal (1mg). I am prescribed Adderal XR 20mg, due to my low ability to pay attention to anything. Seriously, when I go into my own world... I go deep. I'd honestly say that my body is here, but my mind is in a totally different place. I really can't turn my brain off. I think way too much, and way to fast. I also speak very quick, and some people cannot keep up. Including my parents.

I'm just trying to give you guys a little info about myself to give you a better view on the situation. I hope maybe at least one of you might lead me into the right direction on what exactly it is that I have. I really don't think I'm bipolar.

2007-12-23 04:12:20

AdBot
AdsPosting Bot

#2 2007-12-28 09:32:17

AngeleDV
Ranking

Re: I'm a bit lost about what I have been diagnosed with. Help?

these tremors that you are having sound very familiar, i got something similar when my doctor prescribed Cipramil(20mg)for me, but i don't take this med anymore and no longer get tremors. other chemicals seem to increase this effect such as caffeine in coffee or black tea. stress from a job (at least for me) is a sure fire way of inducing a depressive episode it can completely overwhelm you making you feel as though you are drowning and just can't get a handle on your own life or emotions and if this is the stimulus it would certainly explain why the depressive episode is lasting so long. for me it will usually last as long as i am in contact with whatever triggered it. this is one of the reasons why i change jobs as frequently as i often do.
i hope this information helps. if you have a doctor giving you medication this person also is supposed to engage you in psychotherapy to help you put things in perspective. i find a diary often helps to record those fleeting thoughts and you can ask your doctor exactly how you can use this as a part of your therapy.

Angele

• Index
  •  » Depression
  •  » I'm a bit lost about what I have been diagnosed with. Help?